Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Next it's off to Ottawa......

One of our first stops on the first day was the Byward market as well as the Robert By museum which gave us an indication of what a remarkable feat is was to build the Lock system on the Rideau Canal.
Then had my photo taken with Laura Secord.





Spending time in our Capitol was indeed a great experience. I stayed with a friend and her family and spent the days touring the usual tourist things while the children were at school. I surely appreciated having someone who actually lives there to show me around. I visited the Parliament buildings (and said hello to Jack Layton) the Museum of civilization, Rideau Hall, official res. of our Governor General on Sussex Drive and across from the Prime Ministers Res....Managed to catch the Karsh exhibit at the Archives and spent my last day strolling through the Canadian Farm Experimental farm...oops yes, also visited the RCMP Musical Ride Stables and watched some new recruits get their second riding lesson....now that was fun to watch....now I don't feel so bad about my riding skills./

No comments:

Post a Comment