Thursday, November 12, 2009

A new adventure ...with a hawk this time

Ok so I found myself heading to Taffy's place in Kennewick WA after attending the PNFPG meeting last weekend and got talked into staying an extra day cause we were having too much fun going to the giant craft fair and other 'shopping'.
Taffy had me feed her Hawk and that was a neat experience. Sniper is a 16 yr old Harris hawk and gorgeous. He did not like me at first since I was strange to him but food was his motivation to get closer and see that I had his dinner. He made a few turns and tried to rip the dead bird out of my hand but I held on till he finally sat on my hand...It is so interesting to watch the instinct to protect his food. He would wrap his huge wingspan around my hand so I could not see it and possibly take it away.
The real bummer was that we were able to be outside in the morning and have our coffee sitting in the hammocks....compared to freezing temps here at home. Having to go back to those temps was a little sad but we have had some amazingly balmy days since I returned so it's not too bad.
OK so I lied, it is snowing again this morning.....grrrrrr....I better get used to it.


1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures, where are your helmets on the ATV? If this was a boat you would never forget your life jacket?

    Signed... Concerned Father of Daughter Who's Not Wearing A Helmet :)

    ReplyDelete